Last updated on
Arizona is Permitless Carry, but you can get a permit which will allow you to carry in states that recognize the Arizona permit. Read on to learn the training requirements.
Name: Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit
Issuer: Department of Public Safety
Type of State: Constitutional Carry. You are not required by law to have a concealed carry license in Arizona, but the state operates on a Shall-Issue basis and issues licenses for the purpose of reciprocity.
Training Required? Yes. To obtain a permit, which will allow you to take advantage of Arizona reciprocity agreements, you must take a training course.
Type of Training Accepted:
1. A safety or training course
In legislation: Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.
2. Complete a hunter education or safety course approved by the Game and Fish Department (or a parallel agency from another state)
3. Any NRA safety or training course
4. Law enforcement firearms safety or training class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other law or security enforcement divisions, that is approved by the department
5. Proof that you are currently in the military or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the US Armed Forces
6. A current or expired concealed weapon permit or license from another state where you need to have training to get the original permit
7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of your normal duties
8. Any other training course that is given by a Department of Public Safety-approved or NRA-certified firearms instructor
Length of Training: Usually 8 Hours
Cost of Training: ~$60-150
States that honor or recognize the Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit:
|New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Ohio|
Arizona honors or recognizes the following states’ concealed carry permits:
Arizona honors all permits from other states.